A Complete Guide to Keep Your Smile Young
Nowadays cavities and other dental problems are very common in most of the people. Approximately 81% of children and 61% of adults of the world take dental visit. Clean and shiny white teeth always enhance our looks. Dental problems can also affect our ability of chewing. Cavities can cause unbearable pain in mouth, which can make us unable to chew anything.
To get required nutrition, first of all we must have to chew food, but if we become unable to chew then we will be unable to get proper nutrition that will directly harm our health. So the dental health is linked with health of our whole body. There are two types of main problems that people face in their mouth, one is gum problems and another is cavities.
*Gum diseases mainly occur due to plaque (sticky layer mucus and bacteria) of teeth. It is very important to brush at least twice a day to remove the plaque. When plaque is not removed it becomes tarter and once tarter is formed, it cannot be removed by brushing. You will have to visit a dentist to remove tarter.
*Sucrose is the main cause of our tooth decay. All sugary foods like candies, sodas, cookies are the main culprits. Starchy foods like cereals and breads are also responsible for cavities. When amylase (an enzyme in saliva) mixes with sugars and starches, it produces acids that encode enamels, which makes our teeth weaker. These sugary foods should be avoided as much as possible.
* Always be careful to eat dried fruits (sweet or unsweetened), it may cause sugar effect on teeth. But fresh fruit like apples are good option. Fresh fruit like apple increases the saliva flow by stimulating the gums. Saliva washes away the mouth and reduces acidity and decay of teeth that is why fresh fruits don’t cause sugar effect as much like the dried fruits. Before going to bet brushing is very important because saliva flow slows during sleep.
*According to Palm Valley Pediatric Dentistry an appropriate diet can be very effective to make your teeth and gums healthier. Calcium is the most important to keep your teeth healthy. Rice, low-fat dairy, fortified soy, sardines or salmons (with bones), leafy green vegetables and almonds are the best sources of calcium. But only consumption of calcium containing foods is not enough, vitamin D is essential for to absorb the calcium. Vitamin D can be obtained from fatty fish, fortified soy, margarine etc.
*Fluoride is very effective to prevent cavities. According to some dentists it is important to give fluoride in the first few years of life. Fluoride can be supplied by fluoridated tea, water and also by some fish. There are some fluoridated toothpaste and mouthwashes available in market, which can be used to supply the required fluoride. If your area doesn’t supply fluoridated water, there are also fluoride supplements available in market.
*Vitamin D and fluoride are not the only things that keep our teeth and gum healthy. For the formation of tooth enamels Vitamin A, magnesium and phosphorus are also needed. Meat, fish, eggs are sources of phosphorus. Vitamin A can be supplied from any fruit of orange color and leafy green vegetables. Bananas, spinach, whole grains are great sources of magnesium.
Every one of us starts our day by brushing our teeth, but very few of us do brushing before going to bed at night, it is really important to brush and floss for two times daily to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Dental problems occur mostly during the first 10 years of life, so parents should take care of that their child brush regularly till the child gets the habit of brushing twice a day and understands the importance of brushing.
Whenever any dental problem occurs you must take a visit to a dentist. 16% children and 24% adults of the world is still untreated and suffering because of dental problems. So why not get the right treatment at the right time before its too late.
Recent Blog Posts
- Best Exercise, Diet Plan and Habits to Lose Weight for WomenThe modern generation is today obsessed with the […]
- How to Treat Your Acne Problem Fast?Acne is the small infection that is caused due to the […]
- Tips to Control Your Skin Blemishes to Get the Glow BackBlemishes or marks are quite disheartening for a woman […]
- Penis Growth Solution from Titan Gel PremiumMost men have the goal of having a long penis, as this […]
- What are The Different Types of CPR?CPR means cardiopulmonary resuscitation. If someone’s […]
- What to do for to cure premature ejaculation?Premature ejaculation is one of the biggest problems […]
- How To Choose the Right Mattress for Good Sleep?Everybody loves bed; it’s where we snuggle up and get […]