Does Mesotherapy Prevent Hair Loss?
Millions of people around the world are affected by hair loss for reasons ranging from hereditary immune disease to drug treatments. A considerable amount of hair therapies have been hyped, but one treatment has recently stolen the spotlight in the media and online; nanopeptide mesotherapy is being touted as the cure for one of the most common causes of hair loss, alopecia areata.
What is alopecia areata?
Alopecia is an autoimmune disease. The immune system sees hair follicles as intruders and attacks until hair falls out, usually in lumps. People under the age of 20 are more likely to suffer from alopecia. Reasons have been suggested from family bloodline to stress. People prone to allergies are also more likely to get alopecia.
What is nanopeptide mesotherapy?
Nano mesotherapy is a treatment for alopecia areata. Vitamins, minerals and peptides are mixed together and injected directly into the scalp by means of a thin needle. The procedure requires regular visits from the patient until symptoms slow. A hot water bottle must be held up to the head during the procedure in order for blood to circulate freely to the scalp.
Why the attention?
Mesotherapy was first discussed by a French physician, Dr. Michel Pistor, in 1976. The term describes direct injection into the skin. Since its inauguration into the medical world, doctors have used this type of treatment to try and cure eczema, tinnitus, and hair loss. Nanopeptide mesotherapy uses a natural concoction of minerals and herbs and therefore is considered a low-risk treatment. Holistic healers, homeopathic doctors and celebrities have turned this new form of mesotherapy into a media and viral sensation. Recently, for instance, Conservative backbencher MP Nadine Dorries claimed she stopped her hair loss after only a month of treatment.
Be a sceptic
Search the US National Library of Medicine and you’ll find two results showing hair loss and mesotherapy. Search Google for those two keywords and you’ll find 263 000 results. It is of utmost importance to be careful when it comes to medical information obtained on the internet. Especially when no substantiated evidence has ever been presented as to why the nanopeptide cocktail works.
For more information on the legitimacy of this treatment, check out this article written for the International Journal of Trichology.
Here to provide you with information and solutions to hair loss is Joseph’s Wigs. Check out the catalogue of fine wigs that will leave you feeling stylish and confident.
Recent Blog Posts
- Remedies For Curing Mild Asthma- Steam InhalersAmongst different types of respiratory problems, […]
- How To Get the Benefits of Hair Extensions?Hair extension is also commonly termed as hair hat or […]
- How to make hair grow faster and look beautiful?Hair is one of the things which make a person look […]
- Why Eliminating Carpet Beetles Is Essential for Your Health?No home is safe if the carpet beetles start taking […]
- What Does a Dietician Do and How Can They Help?Some people may have a vague idea of what a dietician […]
- Best Exercise, Diet Plan and Habits to Lose Weight for WomenThe modern generation is today obsessed with the […]
- How to Treat Your Acne Problem Fast?Acne is the small infection that is caused due to the […]