How Much Longer Will I Live If I’m Active?
How much longer can you live if you stay active as you age? While there is no guarantee that you will live longer based on activity alone, there are many health issues that you may avoid because your body will be stronger. Let’s take a look at how staying active will help you live longer.
Those who do not exercise as they get older run the risk of losing calcium and having brittle bones. Ronny Sanchez, trainer has first-hand experience with dementia – his grandmother suffered through the horrible illness.
Ronny advises to, “take a brisk walk around the neighborhood once a day or lifting light weights three times a week can have a significant impact on bone strength and health. If you have stronger bones, there is less of a chance that they break when you fall.”
While a broken bone may not seem like a big deal, complications during the recovery process could further cripple or even kill an older person. It is not uncommon to hear stories about a person getting a staph infection during a hospital stay or other infections developing while a bone heals.
Exercise can keep body fat to a reasonable level and make it less likely that you will suffer from a heart attack or heart disease. Again, a brisk walk or any other light exercise can help you stay healthy.
For those who want to make their exercise fun, they can play a game of tennis, go bowling or even play a round of golf to stay in shape. Depending on how old you are and what your physical capacity is, you may also want to consider getting a part-time job as an excuse to get out of the house and help yourself feel as if you are still a contributing member of society.
Having a glass of red wine or a piece of chocolate while out to dinner before a night of dancing or any other activity can help you twice because you have a reason to be active, and red wine is considered good for your heart.
Proper nutrition is a long way to go when you want to keep yourself active and fit. Health experts often recommend using natural health products together with the best supplements and vitamins which can help you greatly in living a healthy life.
You can check more about the natural health products at iherb. They also offer iherb referral code which is great to check out when you want to save on your purchase.
Categories: How to Tips
Recent Blog Posts
- What are The Different Types of CPR?CPR means cardiopulmonary resuscitation. If someone’s […]
- What to do for to cure premature ejaculation?Premature ejaculation is one of the biggest problems […]
- How To Choose the Right Mattress for Good Sleep?Everybody loves bed; it’s where we snuggle up and get […]
- Avail the advantage of the hair loss treatment for men and womenNo matter if you are men or women the hair always […]
- Useful Tips to Lose Man Boobs and Get Rid of Gynecomastia EasilyMedically as well as technically the enlargement of […]
- Kidney Disease Treatment with Effective DietThere are too many choices for kidney/renal disease […]
- Get Complete Solution of Fatigue with Expert Therapists and Training CoursesFatigue can be simply defined as the loss of energy […]