What are The Different Types of CPR?
CPR means cardiopulmonary resuscitation. If someone’s heart stops functioning, the rescuer gives CPR to pump blood manually and keeping the brain oxygenated. It is given till medical help arrives.
CPR involves rescue breathing as well as compressions. Without CPR, oxygenated blood will not reach the brain and other organs and the victim will be dead within minutes.
Even when done with imperfection, CPR provides oxygenated blood to the brain and buys time for the person.
There are several types and techniques of CPR depending on the situation. It comprises of:
Hands-only CPR: If you are not a medical person, then you can only offer this kind of CPR. As an immediate step, you start pressing the chest of the victim to revive him.
People inexperienced with CPR may not be able to deliver rescue breaths in the right manner. Hands-only CPR is a simple method and adds the chances of revival of the person. Make sure you offer 100-120 compressions every minute.
Conventional CPR: It is learned through CPR Classes. It involves providing 2 rescue breaths after 30 chest compressions. Again you need to give 100-120 compressions every minute. Also, the depth of the pressure should be 5.5cm. If you go deeper, you may damage the organs.
Infant CPR: In order to offer CPR to kids and infants, you should take baby CPR classes. The guidelines for kids are different. With a baby, you should use one or both the hands depending on the size of the child. Also make sure the compression depths are shallower.
CPR for medical people: There are a plethora of techniques for CPR to be performed by professional rescuers. Offering CPR in a hospital is all about team effort.
For example, it may involve a team of three people who offer Interposed Abdominal Compression CPR which is about giving traditional chest and alternating abdominal compressions to add to diastolic pressure in the heart. It enhances blow flow to the organs.
There are several types of CPR and when you go for CPR classes, you will be well aware of how to do it in the right manner. If you learn it and get certified, you will be able to save a lot of lives.
Recent Blog Posts
- What are The Different Types of CPR?CPR means cardiopulmonary resuscitation. If someone’s […]
- What to do for to cure premature ejaculation?Premature ejaculation is one of the biggest problems […]
- How To Choose the Right Mattress for Good Sleep?Everybody loves bed; it’s where we snuggle up and get […]
- Avail the advantage of the hair loss treatment for men and womenNo matter if you are men or women the hair always […]
- Useful Tips to Lose Man Boobs and Get Rid of Gynecomastia EasilyMedically as well as technically the enlargement of […]
- Kidney Disease Treatment with Effective DietThere are too many choices for kidney/renal disease […]
- Get Complete Solution of Fatigue with Expert Therapists and Training CoursesFatigue can be simply defined as the loss of energy […]