Understanding Lung Cancer and Its Treatment Options
When compared different types of cancer, lung cancer is believed to be the leading cause cancer across the globe. The most common cause to develop this cancer is smoking. The risk of lung cancer increases with the number of cigarettes you smoke and the length of time you go on for years.
Typically there are no sure shot reasons of developing lung cancer other than smoking.
The symptoms are seen only when the diseases starts comes to an advanced stage. The usual symptoms and signs of a lung cancer are:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing that doesn’t goes away
- Weight loss
- Bone pain
Causes of lung cancer
Apart from smoking there are other factors that which develop lung cancer such as:
- Exposure to other kinds of smoke: Apart from smoking, chances are high to catch lung cancer where the air you breathe is exposed to dangerous gases and fumes. Also, passive smoking or we know it has second hand smoking is equally dangerous.
- Family history: It is believed that cancers can be hereditary, including lung cancer. People in Malaysia with a family history of lung cancer have higher chances of developing one.
- Exposure to carcinogens and asbestos: Another major cause of developing cancer is through your workplace where you are exposed towards asbestos and other such dangerous substances.
Treatments of Lung Cancer
Depending on the stage of cancer, the lung cancer treatment will vary. The process includes of testing the development of the cancer upon which the treatment rely. Your doctor may suggest:
- Sputum Cytology: If you are constant coughing and producing sputum, the test is run on it and diagnose can be made.
- Imaging tests: It a usual X-ray image, a CT scan which reveals, small lesion in your lungs
- Tissue sample: Few samples of abnormal cells are taken to perform biopsy to know about the cancer.
It’s your doctor who suggests you and makes you understand about the stage of your cancer and which treatment will be the best and how much time one takes to recover. Generally, there are one or more treatments included such as surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and medicines to take along with.
The treatments suggested or performed on you may be one of the latest innovations but they don’t guarantee a cure as there may be that the treatment options are limited. In which stage is your cancer determines the curing.
Recent Blog Posts
- How to make hair grow faster and look beautiful?Hair is one of the things which make a person look […]
- Why Eliminating Carpet Beetles Is Essential for Your Health?No home is safe if the carpet beetles start taking […]
- What Does a Dietician Do and How Can They Help?Some people may have a vague idea of what a dietician […]
- Best Exercise, Diet Plan and Habits to Lose Weight for WomenThe modern generation is today obsessed with the […]
- How to Treat Your Acne Problem Fast?Acne is the small infection that is caused due to the […]
- Tips to Control Your Skin Blemishes to Get the Glow BackBlemishes or marks are quite disheartening for a woman […]
- Penis Growth Solution from Titan Gel PremiumMost men have the goal of having a long penis, as this […]